Solution: Check to see if the instructor has not published the course yet.
Unpublished course sites will not appear on your Dashboard page. Visit our help article on How do I find my courses to see how you can check the status of the courses you are enrolled in. If you see that the course is listed but not published, you can reach out to your instructor to ask if they plan to use Canvas for their course.
For Instructors: Publish In Dashboard
- Locate the Unpublished Courses section in the Dashboard.
- Find the course you want to publish and click the Publish button.
Publish In Course
- In Global Navigation, click the Courses link. Your courses will be organized by published courses and unpublished courses. To open an unpublished course, click the name of the course.
- The course status displays in the Course Home Page sidebar and the Course Settings sidebar.
- To publish your course, click the Publish button.
Note: On smaller screens, the sidebar may display beneath other page content.
- A message will appear at the top of your screen confirming the publishing of your course.
- If you need to unpublish your course, click the Unpublish button in the sidebar. Students who already received course invitations will not be able to access your course.
- Once your course contains a graded submission, the course status will no longer display in the sidebar and you will no longer be able to unpublish your course.
Solution: View enrollments in a Course section
- In Global Navigation, click the Settings link.
- Open the Sections tab.
- Click the name of the Section/Course.
- View Pending, Active, Current Enrollments.
Solution: Resend student invitations to a course
- In the Course Navigation, click the People link.
- User enrollments.
- Resend individual invitations (options).